Updated: May 24, 2018.
Greenwood Hanlon Kendrick and GHK Attorneys are the trading names of Greenwood Hanlon Kendrick Ltd. References to “Greenwood Hanlon Kendrick”, “GHK Attorneys”, “Our”, “We” or “Us” on this website are references to Greenwood Hanlon Kendrick Ltd. We are a limited company incorporated in England; company number 8627865, registered at 28 Grosvenor Street, London W1K 4QR. We have been registered and in good standing with the Information Commissioner’s Office in the United Kingdom under registration number ZA016089 since incorporation.
Information you provide to us
Examples of scenarios where you may provide us with your personal information including, but not limited to:
- Completing our inquiry form;
- Emailing, calling or communicating with a lawyer or the firm.
Please note that communicating with us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Greenwood Hanlon Kendrick will use information you have voluntarily provided to us to check for conflicts against existing and former clients. Therefore, sending us any information prior to the existence of an attorney-client relationship could compromise confidential information.
Special Category Information
In the context of the legal services we provide, specifically U.S. immigration law, it is a legal requirement to collect and process special category data necessary to comply with the legal obligations and burdens of the immigration application or petition. We may collect sensitive information, including data relating to offenses and/or criminal convictions; health conditions; ethic origin; sex life and sexual orientation; association and trade union memberships. We only ever collect sensitive information where you consent and there is a legal need to do so.
How we use your information
Greenwood Hanlon Kendrick may use personal information provided by you for the following reasons:
- Purposes of satisfying your request (such as providing you with further information);
- Provision of legal services;
- Internal record keeping and administration;
- To send information to you which you have requested or which we think may be of interest to you;
- Compliance with applicable laws and regulations to process payment for services.
In accordance with the ethical obligations of our respective State Bars, we treat all information received in the course of business as confidential. We may disclose personal and confidential information if required to do so by law, any court, governmental, regulatory body, or statute. We may disclose personal and confidential information for the purposes of the prevention of fraud, and in urgent circumstances, to protect personal safety, the public or ourselves.
Due to the nature of United States immigration law, our firm transfers necessary client information to the Government of the United States of America in furtherance of our client’s visa applications, petitions and applications for associated benefits. In the event you become a client of our firm, you consent to this.
You should be aware that communication through the internet and by e-mail are not a secure means of communication and it is possible that others may have access to our communications by these methods.
We do not sell your information.
Our website may contain links to other sites. We do not share your personal information with these web sites and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of those companies. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the sites’ content, or any use of the sites.
Grounds for using your personal information
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information, namely:
- Performance of a contract – We may need to collect and use your personal information to enter into a contract with you or to perform a contract that you have with us.
- Consent – Where required by applicable laws, we will rely on your consent for direct marketing and to collect information from your device or computer.
- Legitimate interests – We may use your personal information for our legitimate interests to improve our products and services.
How we protect your information
We have put in place security procedures and technical and organizational measures designed to help safeguard your personal information. We will use what we consider to be reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information.
- To the extent permitted by the law you have the right to access, erase, correct, delete or object to the processing of the personal data collected about you subject to some conditions and exceptions. You may also have the right of data portability and other data subject rights. You can find more about those rights in the EU by reading the General Data Protection Regulation available at http://www.eugdpr.org/the-regulation.html.
- You have the right to opt-out of receiving communications from us at any time even if you have chosen to opt-in on an earlier occasion.
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO. You can contact the ICO at ico.org.uk.
- We are committed to respecting all of the above rights in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. If you wish to inquire about any of those rights or have any concern, please contact us immediately using the contact details below. We will respond to any of your inquiries or concerns as soon as possible and in any case within thirty (30) business days.
If you have any questions about this statement, or wish to update any personal details, please contact us at:
Greenwood Hanlon Kendrick
28 Grosvenor Street
T: +44 (0)207 769 6768
What is a Cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu for a video about cookies visit www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. The cookies used on this website have been categorized based on the categories found in the ICC UK Cookie guide.
Our website uses performance cookies. These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages.
These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
Data Protection of Cookies
We do not sell the information collected by cookies, nor do we disclose the information to third parties, except where required by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
Using our Website
By using our website you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
What to do if you do not want cookies to be set
You may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at www.allaboutcookies.org which offers guidance for all modern browsers.